24/7 Animal Emergency Call (508) 580-2515
Call (508) 580-2515 - ANYTIME
Experienced doctors are on duty 24 hrs/day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Our staff of emergency doctors includes board certified emergency and critical care specialists as well as seasoned emergency doctors.
The ICU is fully equipped with blood pressure monitors, pulse oximeters, EKG monitors, oxygen therapy, a blood gas analyzer, blood typing, coagulation monitoring, and a mechanical ventilator. An in house laboratory allows for rapid test results. Additionally, there is a blood bank on site.
We are prepared to handle patients with a variety of disorders ranging from allergic reactions to life threatening diseases. We also have a trained, highly skilled group of technicians that work along side the doctors in our ICU.
When emergency hospitalization is needed we can provide many services including:
- 24 hour intensive monitoring and treatment
- Acute management of multiple disease conditions such as urethral obstruction, gastrointenstinal disease, endocrine disorders, liver disease, pancreatitis, immunologic disorders, blood disorders, respiratory diseases, renal failure, toxicities, heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Postoperative pain management.
- Cardiovascular monitoring.
- Emergency procedures such as chest tube placement and management, thoracocentesis, abdominocentesis, pericardiocentesis, etc.
- Emergency surgeries including, but not limited, to caesarian section, correction of gastric dilatation and volvulus, splenectomy, pyometra surgery, intestinal resection and anastomosis, laminectomy for IVDD and spinal fracture stabilization, etc.
- Our emergency room contains advanced equipment including a defibrillator, extensive monitoring equipment, chest tubes, and other specialized emergency tools and supplies.
- Wound repair
- Endoscopic foreign body removal
- Splinting and casting
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Glaucoma treatment
- Shock resuscitation
- Transfusion therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Mechanical ventilation