The New England Animal Medical Center Surgery Department works as a team with other hospital departments to provide the best possible care for your pet. We maintain a sophisticated inventory of surgical equipment and supplies as well as the most modern anesthetic equipment and anesthetic monitoring equipment available. Even more important is our staffs of veterinarians and technicians who have trained extensively in their field. The list below includes some, but not all, of the procedures we are able to perform.
Our sterile operating rooms are “state of the art” and include advanced patient monitoring systems, surgical lasers, sophisticated gas anesthesia machines, high speed drills for orthopedic surgery, and a host of other modern surgical devices. Since we are a “24/7” facility there are veterinarians and technicians around the clock monitoring your pet after surgery.
A partial list of soft tissue surgical procedures includes:
- Ovariohysterectomy (spay)
- Neutering (castration)
- Tumor removal
- Cystotomy (stone removal from bladder)
- Laceration repair
- Biopsy of abdominal tissues
A partial list of orthopedic procedures includes:
- Splints and casts of long bone fractures
- Repair of fractures with internal fixation techniques
- Repair of ACL injuries (anterior cruciate ligament)
- Urogential surgeries including Cystotomy , Perineal Urethrostomy
- Femoral Head Ostectomy (Treatment for severe hip dysplasia)